Please help

Rocky Pine chicken chick

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2023
I have a 3 month old chick who is puffed up and feels really light, acts a little lethargic. Eating and drinking good, has been on corid for coxy 3 day, no change

Could be a sign of vitamin deficiency. What are you currently feeding her? She could be at the bottom of the pecking order. I'd suggest you watch her and see if she's eating and drinking enough. I wouldn't give her corid water if she dosent have coccidiosis. This could just be normal but if you want to boost her a bit I'd suggest vitamin supplements like vitamin B and E. Feed her an egg yolk every week and see if it helps. Keep an eye on her poops aswell :)

Is she part of a group that maybe picks on her and doesn't allow access to the food and water? Maybe directly syringe some nutrients, such as cord water and "chick boost" water.

She probably is lonely and may need a new chicken to keep her company. What are you feeding her? Is she getting outside some? Try moistening a small amount of her chicken feed, and offer a little bit of egg or tuna for a treat. I would finish the course of Corid that you started. Hold off on any thiamine (B1) vitamins until Corid is finished.

Back
Top Bottom