Please help

FalconSniper331

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2024
Last night my baby..my duck died… he managed to stay alive for 1.5 months….his name is apricot…i really really loved him… he died without a reason leaving me confused…but what makes more depressed that he was a healthy boy…but the day that he died in (yesterday night) he was gasping for air…but he was walking, playing and eating but the poop was white…despite all that he ate normally and walked normally…at 12 pm i checked on him he was extending his neck gasping for air but that time looked like something is wrong his legs became extended in front of his body…he can’t stand nor walk…i was running getting the medicine…but the second i went to get the medicine it fall on it back and died…please can someone tell me a proper explanation im extremely confused,sad,depressed and didn’t sleep
IMG_1977.jpeg
IMG_1981.jpeg

Thread 'Duck Nutrition Requirements' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/duck-nutrition-requirements.1603155/

Baby poultry need to have a balance starter to thrive. From what you wrote, your duckling was malnourished, probably the lack of certain nutrients caused his health to decline.

So sorry for your loss. If you do get more babies, please also buy a starter feed. They need this for the first 4-5 months.

Back
Top Bottom