PLEASE HELP!!

kizza07

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 28, 2007
Here are some photos of my friends chickens. I need you to tell me what sex they are!!! I would REALLY appreciate it if you could help me!!!

Here are some photos of a pen of roosters.
They are OldEnglishGamexBelgiens.
They are crowing so I am sure they are roosters.
However one does not have a wattle... I havent seen which ones crow, however I know that they are, so is this one still a rooster?
He is very different to the hens so he must be musnt he?

Also, the large one with more white is the one that my friend is going to keep. She just needs your opinion of whether he is going to grow up the prettiest!! I think she wants to breed... So how do you think he will look compared to the others? I think he has a nice slender neck with lovely long, full neck feathers!
What do you think?
kids059.jpg

kids060.jpg

kids064.jpg

Okay now here are the hens, there are 3, same breed as the roosters above. How do you think they are going to turn out? Are they ALL hens? We just have no idea!!
kids070.jpg

kids071.jpg

kids072.jpg

Here are the silkies. One has developed what looks to be a VERY small wattle and comb. You can barely see it. Do you think one of these is a rooster? What do you think?
Here is the one we think is a roo:
kids065.jpg

kids067.jpg

Here is the one that we think is a hen:
kids068.jpg

sorry that the pictures are a tad crappy!!! I was babysitting her daughter and it was early morning and not the right light!! and I couldnt get in with them so it had to be done wherever i could get them to stand still!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!!
kizza
smile.png

you guys have been such a great help to me!! Im glad I came across this site!!

Last edited:
By the way, that is all temporary shedding that they are in!! Since they had to separate them!

oh, come ooon guys....
sad.png

I really need your help.

At least tell me if i need better pics and what you need pics of.

PLEASE!?!?!?!
smile.png

hi kizza,
okay, i'm on this strand all the time asking for help so i feel yur pain!
and that means i don't know what i'm doing.
however, i'm thinking that the third "hen" pic show some pointy saddle feathers . . . it's a bit fuzzy so i'm not sure but . . . it kinda looks like it i think. and that would mean that your hen is a roo.
maybe take a clearer pic of that "hen" from the side again so we have a better look at those feathers yah?
other than that, to my untrained eye it looks like you pretty much had everyone in the right category.
oh, and i can't say about the silkies. according to all the silkie people those fuzz balls are REALLY hard to sex!

All I know about sexing chickens I learned on BYC. I believe the silkie that you think is a roo, is a roo, here's why-he has very turquoise ears. The second silkie needs a better side pic...but from the front, I would guess hen. Someone posted some really good sexing pics last week, but I can't remember where. Look in search, there are tons of sexing pics and info.

if the oeg X are the same age then your guesses are correct.

How old are they anyway?

As for the silkies, I don't know!

I have 2 white 3 month old silkies, both have very bright blue lobes but hardly any comb growth.........I'm still trying to "sex" mine.

If you interested in what people said about mine, here's the thread:

www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28028

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom