Please Help!!!

Thezookeeper:)

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 31, 2010
I lost 3 chickens to coccidious I am now treating all my chickens do we need to stop eating the eggs from my Hens. I'm treating them with Corid 20% 1 tsp in in gallon of water. Please tell me that is right I've been looking it up all day and that is what I saw written most. Read many different things very confusing. I want to help the chickens and not loose anymore. My 10 yr was crushed when he found them.

Sorry for your loss. Never a fun thing.
We generally will use 2 Tablespoons per gallon of water for the first go around and then cut it back to 2 Teaspoons per gallon after that until they clear up. We prefer to use Sulmet as it seems to be quicker acting. Yes it is harder on their systems but gets the job done faster and have never had any problems with using it.

what are the symptoms of coccidious?
One of my birds is isolating, standing still, has some diaherrea, not roosting with others-sleeping in nesting box. Looks very sad, acts uncharacteristically passive. she is laying and drinking water.
I want to catch it before it becomes serious. This is the second day.
Could it be food poisoning? I fed them some fermented fruit/vegetables the other day, and she's a real hog. This was different from their usual compost treats.
any help from anyone would be great.

Back
Top Bottom