Please Help

DaveK88

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Killingly Ct.
Saturday when we let the girls out to free range we noticed one of them broke away from the flock and was just sitting by herself under the picnick table. Then as the day went on we noticed she was very disoriented and was what looked lke sleeping on her feet. She was still drinking but had no interest in food. Sunday morning when I opened the coop I noticed that she had slept on the floor and not on the roost. As the day went on she seemed to get hsome energy back and was hanging with the flock again. When i picked her up she seemed to spit up water. I checked on her after dark last night and she was roosting with the rest of them. This morning i let them out and noticed her chest was swollen and very squishy ( like a water balloon). When i picked her up she spit up again and when I put her down the other hens started to go after her pulling out some feathers. I seperated her from the others. Any ideas whats wrong with her? any information would be helpfull. Thank you.

I think I remember reading something about squishy crop might be sour crop. Have you tried looking that up? Is she doing any better? Sorry I can't be of more help...

Back
Top Bottom