Please Help

This is the poo from this morning, not from the poorly hen

That is strange.
Just thought I'd let you know that during hot weather, chickens do tend to have runnier droppings.

I would still worm them though.

Best of luck!

Update the poorly hen has made a full recovery after spending the night in my makeshift chicken hospital in the dining room, I think she enjoyed her sleepover, the one who did the strange poo laid a shell less in the run right in front of me the others quickly ran to it and ate it ( I hope this is not going to hurt them ) so I have wormed them today and started them on a chicken tonic let's hope this sorts their egg machines out, it's been a worrying time. Let's just hope it's the heat that has put them all out

Glad to hear she has been better today. I use the verm x on all my birds and have not had a problem with worms. I check poop regular and have not found any worms. I think it works well but if you want a pharmaceutical wormer ordering off the internet is usually the best thing to do.

Eating the egg won't harm them but try to stop them if you catch them doing it again as they may get a taste for eggs and egg eaters are a pain. They will eat your eggs before you collect.

[quote name="Yorkshire coop" url="/t/995036/please-help/10#post_15478782.

Eating the egg won't harm them but try to stop them if you catch them doing it again as they may get a taste for eggs and egg eaters are a pain. They will eat your eggs before you collect.[/quote]
I did think that but I was a bit freaked out by it just dropping out of her like it did and they all moved so quickly, I'm hoping they won't reconise it as an egg because it was just a squishy sack, I don't understand why this is happening , they are on layers pellets and have free access to oyster shell, they have all laid perfect eggs every day since they started laying, I gave their coop a good wash down and disinfected it all in case they have got something

I have to chicks (about 41/2 month old) both are sick. Both have pale colored combs and faces, one had a foamy like substance coming from its beak (she still standing), she won't eat or drink. The other one is just laying around, "he" keeps throwing up and has diarrhea (only if or when it will eat). I have them both quarantined away from each other and the rest of my flock. I'm not sure what's going on or what to do to help either one of them, all the others seem fine, can anyone help?

I have to chicks (about 41/2 month old) both are sick. Both have pale colored combs and faces, one had a foamy like substance coming from its beak (she still standing), she won't eat or drink. The other one is just laying around, "he" keeps throwing up and has diarrhea (only if or when it will eat). I have them both quarantined away from each other and the rest of my flock. I'm not sure what's going on or what to do to help either one of them, all the others seem fine, can anyone help?

I'm really sorry to hear about that.
sad.png

Could they have a respiratory infection?

Back
Top Bottom