Please look at my pictures

Hey Orpingtonlover, Dont worry about it, I forget sometimes, too. I was just suggesting a slightly smaller size would be good because the dial up folks get slowed down by large photos. Fortunately, our ChickenMaster Rob, has kept the forum site lean and mean so everything is pretty darn fast!

Anyway, she is a real pretty hen.

chel

LOOks more like a Partridge Plymouth Rock to me more commonly called Partridge rocks. Shes very pretty!
wink.png

My five week old Red Sex Links are getting that black lacing on their feathers right now. So, maybe that is what she is. From what I read, neither RIRs or RSLs get broody.

She is very pretty, either way!!

She's a Partridge Rock. We ordered some from McMurray and they look EXACTLY like her. We've raised RIR's for years, acquired from different hatcheries and they don't look even close to your photo. The MM catalog says Partridge Rocks are considered to be one of the best setters and broody hens. Our Partridge Rocks have yet to go broody but do lay fairly well.

That's what I think too, a Partrige Rock. Supposed to be good layers. I have one (7 weeks old today- Myrtle)
D.gif

From McMurray site:
The females are completely different with their brown plumage and distinct pencilings of black following the outline of each feather. These are fairly good sized birds though not quite as large as their cousins, the Barred and White Rocks. The yellow skin and plump body make a nice eating fowl, and the hens lay brown eggs, and are considered one of the best setters and broody hens.

So thank you all so much and im guessing then it would be a safe bet to leave her eggs for her to hatch then huh?

Back
Top Bottom