Please please help my chickens have worms!!! I don’t know what it is or what I should do!

i know that @Miss Lydia uses the natural dewormers that you have there.
i have used valbazen in the past and also used safeguard with good results. there is a helpful article with pictures of worms and poops with worms and tells you which type of dewormer works on which type of worm it’s
https://the-chicken-chick.com/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens/
Thanks for the article I’m still not sure which my chickens have I should have gotten a closer look at the worms maybe even poked around in there I only saw something poke up from the poop and wiggle then I ran inside and jumped on here to find out what to do. One more question if they didn’t have worms would this harm them?

Ok got the safeguard but it looks I bought another medicine that’s not Valbazen. Can this one work too? I can try to do that except I have two roosters that I am a bit nervous to do. The one will probably be fine the other will probably fight it. How would I give this Verm-X? And should I use this one or the safeguard? Thanks so much for everything! I wouldn’t know what to do without you guys!!!
Verm-X is an herbal product. I have seen no studies that any of those ingredients (see below) have been proven to work. I would stick to either Valbazen (albendazole) or SafeGuard (fenbendazole,) which are proven, safe, and reliable.
https://verm-x.com/products/verm-x-original-liquid-for-game-birds?variant=21600115753040

It will not hurt them.
Without seeing what you saw, it's hard to say if you saw an actual parasite in a dropping, or if it might have been a maggot, which would have been laid in the dropping by some kind of flying insect after the dropping was deposited there. If the dropping wasn't fresh, then maggots are possible. The parasites most commonly seen in droppings are roundworm (large or small) or tapeworm. A maggot will have an identifiable 'head' end on it, parasites that chickens carry do not have a 'head' end. Roundworm resembles cooked spagetti (large) or threads (small), and tapeworm segments resemble rice grains, that move when fresh.

Back
Top Bottom