Please please please say hen!

bubra007

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Please tell me the feathers in the saddle area that turn down a bit don't make this a roo! 16 weeks old, mixed breed.

Looks like a hen to me too. Those feathers you are looking at in the "saddle" area, are rounded, not the long, stringy feathers a roo would get. I'd also expect to see a lot more red in face and comb development in a 16 week old if it was a rooster.

Not to hijack the post be could someone give me an opinion on my month old barred cochins? I think ones a roo but im reaaaallly hoping not because we cant own roosters where i live and ive just fallen in love with her/him? There they are together and the second pic is the chick in question

Not to hijack the post be could someone give me an opinion on my month old barred cochins? I think ones a roo but im reaaaallly hoping not because we cant own roosters where i live and ive just fallen in love with her/him? There they are together and the second pic is the chick in question
See how thick the white 'bars' are? That can only ever happen on cockerels.

Might really be better to start a new thread so we don't indeed highjack the OP's thread.

Back
Top Bottom