Please Post Your Pics Of Landscaping Around Your Coop.

I have to say there is some pretty stuff on this thread! I have certainly found some inspiration. We are gathering supplies and plan to build in the spring. I will have to have a pretty large area fully enclosed so I will definitely be using some of these ideas to perk the area up!

Nice, jhamblin. I'm jealous. Everyone has such nice, green land. I live in the desert. Everything is the color of dust here.

I took 3 panorama's to show the landscaping around the coop - it helps that hubby is a landscaper so our backyard looks like a tropical paradise!
big_smile.png

And yes... that is a hot pink coop that we have.
tongue.png

*edit the black squiggle line is where I didn't keep the camera line steady

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this list. We were planning on wedging our small coop and run into existing landscaping. I had planned to move most of the plants in that area, but I'm rethinking the whole thing now. We have a lot of columbine and lily of the valley in that spot. I'd hate for those plants to come up from seed and root, and our chickens to have heart problems as a result.
THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!! I am planning my chicken yard and need this? Does anyone have a list of plants that are okay???

here is what I ended up with around my Tajmahal. They are Lilacs around the side i planted that were 6 year old transplants. ahhh. the smell of poop and lilacs in the morning.

Keep rhubarb plants away from them. they leaves are toxic to them and for some reason they like them.?????

Back
Top Bottom