Please send good chickie vibes my way...

barnyardmommy

Songster
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
Suffolk VA
. This is my 3rd attempt at hatching eggs this summer. The first 2 times were with broody hens who either cracked the eggs, pushed the eggs out of the nest, or just had infertile eggs to start with. This time I am using a still air incubator. I have 6 eggs at day 17. The last time I candled them was on day 13 and all were live. My temperature is staying around 100 degrees, and my humidity is between 40 and 45 %. I came home today and the temperature was 102 by my digital thermometer, and 100 by the non-digital one. Do you think my eggs are hurt. I go into lock-down tomorrow, and I'm a basket case.

Good luck! I think the temp jump isn't good but since one thermometer read ok I think you will be fine. I have a broody hen that stole eggs while I was on vacation and the older ones are going to hatch around the same time as yours so we will just have sit and wait together!

I so hope these eggs do ok. We raised chickens when I was growing up, and I have 7 hens now, but this is the first time I myself have tried to hatch out eggs. I hold these little babies lives in my hands.

You will do fine. The key is to not worry yourself to death... at least right now. Once they pip I always have a mini heart attack
wee.gif

Woot Woot... just put the bator on lockdown, and I layed all 6 eggs out on the wire. All are moving just slightly, little rocks and rolls. (sniff sniff, wipes eyes with tissue)

Back
Top Bottom