Please Take a Look at her comb!

jlynn1515

Chirping
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon, USA
I have the sweetest Olive Egger. She has started laying -inconsistently, but fairly regular for having just started.

I am concerned about her comb. This is how it has been developing the entire time, this didn’t occur just overnight. I was expecting it to grow outward and it seems to just be getting larger. I have checked all of my other hens and their combs all look beautiful and as I’d expect.

Please give me input... I can’t find any photos online saying this is “normal” and I find it extremely strange looking.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Her name is Ollivander the Olive Egger
1024312F-3AF6-4B00-91EE-32B227FD5AAE.jpeg

C047BA3C-97D6-4EAE-8254-920EC729E4FE.jpeg

I have the sweetest Olive Egger. She has started laying -inconsistently, but fairly regular for having just started.

I am concerned about her comb. This is how it has been developing the entire time, this didn’t occur just overnight. I was expecting it to grow outward and it seems to just be getting larger. I have checked all of my other hens and their combs all look beautiful and as I’d expect.

Please give me input... I can’t find any photos online saying this is “normal” and I find it extremely strange looking.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Her name is Ollivander the Olive Egger
View attachment 1530688
View attachment 1530687
You get weird combination combs--She looks like a Marans cross. Straight come genes combined with pea comb genes. Very cool comb!

Back
Top Bottom