Please tell me its a Pullet!!!!

Antwiggily

Chirping
Mar 22, 2021
I got a beautiful Sultan from a breeder in mid January and I let her know I needed a pullet. I just now found out that seeing Sultans is very easy but back then I was brand new to chickens and didn't have a clue. She as a baby had a crest and now it's bright red, walnut shaped and in your face. She almost died 2 weeks after I got her and we spent a ton of money on a vet visit and became VERY attached to her and rehoming would kill me. She was born on January 7th so that would make her about 10 1/2 weeks old now. Please tell me she's a she, a pullet. We love her to death. Her name is Lovey because she IS a LOVE. She's just GOT to be a she!!!!!

Attachments

• 20210322_180538.jpg
    20210322_180538.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210322_180452.jpg
    20210322_180452.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210322_180523.jpg
    20210322_180523.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210127_101936.jpg
    20210127_101936.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 18
I got a beautiful Sultan from a breeder in mid January and I let her know I needed a pullet. I just now found out that seeing Sultans is very easy but back then I was brand new to chickens and didn't have a clue. She as a baby had a crest and now it's bright red, walnut shaped and in your face. She almost died 2 weeks after I got her and we spent a ton of money on a vet visit and became VERY attached to her and rehoming would kill me. She was born on January 7th so that would make her about 10 1/2 weeks old now. Please tell me she's a she, a pullet. We love her to death. Her name is Lovey because she IS a LOVE. She's just GOT to be a she!!!!!
Hi there 😊 im no expert by any means but i have hatched and raised and sold quite a few chickens this past year and with that said i hate to tell you this but...it looks like a cockerel becuse hens dont get big bright combs like that til they are laying age about 20 weeks old but ive had all my males grow red combs like that around 10 weeks too.Are you not allowed roosters were you live?

Its not so bad 🤷‍♀️ have a silkie that i got when it was 3 weeks old i was told it was a pullet i fell in love with her she was sooo sweet she was sassy she was a .....roo lol .To late i was in love.He was my baby i even rememberd the day i first heard him crow and found out that he was a boy i cried then because i had two other roosters and i knew the day would come were they wouldn't get along because there werent enough hens and so at three months old it happend they started to bully him to the point he was getting weak and chickens would bully him as well so i took him out of the coop.Hes a house rooster now. He has been for a year he has a rabbit house in my room and wears diapers hes also believe it or not house trained to use puppy pads if necessary.The cat, chihuahua, great dane, kids, hubby and i are his flock.He goes everywere we go on trips and grocery shopping he loves going through drive throughs and getting dog biscuits. He thinks we go there just for him lol.Im honestly glad hes a boy hes such a gentleman.Hes pecking my phone as i write this lol .I love my Gizmo plus hes a good alarm clock 😆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210323-192015_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-192015_Photos.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom