"Plucker" attachment for drill.....

beebiz

Songster
12 Years
Jul 2, 2007
W. Tennessee
I've been told that they make attachments that you can use on your drill to pluck the feathers from your chickens. Have any of you heard of these or know where I can find one?? No more birds than I will process in a year, I can't quite justify the cost of the typical plucker. I just thought that if these things exist and aren't too expensive I might could justify the cost of one.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend!

Robert

I read somewhere about a guy who used tanned leather straps. I think the general idea is to make something like those fabric beaters in the car wash. You could probably make one fairly easily out of an old egg beater attachement and a chamois (tanned leather used for drying cars).

15 or 20 years ago you could find all kind of those things in the sportmans' catalogs. Different ones with leather or plastic straps. When I did a google search that was the only model I could come up with.

A cylinder hone might also do the trick. The ones with abrasive balls on the end of twisted wire.

0906tb1a.jpg

Thanks AK-Bird-brain! I had just found that one and was wondering about it. I looked at the 5 customer reviews and 4 of them were very pleased with the plucker. But, one of them claimed that it was a waste of money. It still has a rating of 3.6 stars out of a possible 5. If I don't buy the one on Ebay, I might just have to get one from Cabela's for myself for Christmas!!
smile.png

Robert

I think it would too easily bruise the chicken to use a cylinder hone.

Edited to add: But then again, I have never plucked a chicken before. (have used a hone though)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom