Plymouth barred rock rooster bred with my hens? what will i get?

HuDa2022

Chirping
Apr 7, 2023
the only rooster i have is a barred plymouth rock, and my hens are astrolarps, and what i think are green legged partridge and welsummers i will take pictures tomorow it is a terrble rainy day here today. i am new to this and i just had 20 chicks the ones that were born black or black and white all havve bars now and i have some brownish chicks.

the only rooster i have is a barred plymouth rock, and my hens are astrolarps, and what i think are green legged partridge and welsummers i will take pictures tomorow it is a terrble rainy day here today. i am new to this and i just had 20 chicks the ones that were born black or black and white all havve bars now and i have some brownish chicks.
With that father, and those hens, I would expect black chicks with white barring. They would hatch out with a pattern of black & white or black & yellow, then grow black feathers with white barring, and they may have other colors leak through as they get older.

If you are getting chicks of other colors, they might just have an odd color of down. But if they also grow up other colors, either they have a different father, or your rooster is their father but is not actually a pure Barred Rock.

Back
Top Bottom