Plymouth Rock Bantams Discussion Thread

What variety of Plymouth Rock Bantam do you own?

• Buff

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Barred

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • Black

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Blue

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Columbian

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Partridge

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Silver Pencilled

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • White

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Other ABA recognized color

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Project Colors (Non-SOP)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Large Fowl Plymouth Rocks

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Quote:
Do you have a Standard of Perfection? Looking over the standard for Plymouth Rock bantams would help in judging their quality. I'm sorry I don't know any specific faults to look for. I'm fairly new to the breed myself.

Quote:
There are several breeders of Columbians in California. other than that im not exactly positive how common they are... maybe try and find some blues, blacks, silver pencilled, or partridge bantams.

Quote:
Inkheart..The Columbian color IMO is gaining steam in popularity as is most other colored Rocks. There are several breeders in the midwest working with Columbian bantams. I live in southeastern MI and raise and exhibit Columbian Rock bantams. It is a tough color pattern to learn but they are beauties. If you are possibly interested I do have some nice young birds coming along that I do have for sale. Just message me if you may be interested.

This is one of my Black Plymouth Rock bantam hens. The hens in this particular line are very good layers, for a bantam breed. How are the other varieties of bantam Rocks with laying?

19748_2011_birds_027.jpg

Quote:
I just read on Showbirdbid.com that there will be a large number of Colombians for sale at the Crossroads show in Indiana this Fall.

That black hen is real cute. My two Barred hens have not really been laying too well this Summer. Once the very hot weather hit, they slowed down almost to a halt. It has turned off about 10 degrees cooler this last few days and I'm getting eggs again.

Well i hatched about fourty chicks from my columbians this spring from my trio. not including all fatalities as chicks(few) and the infertile eggs (usually 20-30 percent of the eggs)

Quote:
Finally a black! She is lovely i was wondering where the black bantams are!

I have to say my barreds are amazing layers - Granted they are all in their "prime" so to speak but i have four hens and i will get on average three eggs a day. They amaze me in that . I am also amazed at their foraging skills -

Hi
I just got some buff plymouth rock bantams. Does anyone know of some partridge rock bantams for sale, close to VA/TN state line?
Thanks
Danny

Back
Top Bottom