Plymouth Rock Bantams Discussion Thread

What variety of Plymouth Rock Bantam do you own?

• Buff

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Barred

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • Black

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Blue

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Columbian

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Partridge

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Silver Pencilled

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • White

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Other ABA recognized color

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Project Colors (Non-SOP)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Large Fowl Plymouth Rocks

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
I have a trio of Rock bantams 2 blue pullets and a black roo. I am so in love, they are my first chickens and I'm hoping to incubate some of their eggs asap. I am very pleased with their calmness and ability to forage. I let them free range when I'm home and they are the most laid back little birds. They are not very friendly, but I haven't had them for very long and I expect the will get more comfortable as time goes on. Anyway here they are Vera, Violet and Zebadiah!
104774_imgp1253.jpg

104774_imgp1254.jpg

104774_imgp1257.jpg

104774_imgp1214.jpg

104774_imgp1083.jpg

104774_imgp1195.jpg

Picked up some White Plymouth Rock (bantam) hens this evening. Now, I need a few pointers on this breed, are they broody? Susceptible to certain diseases?

I didn't expect them to be very broody, but I have had one of my hens go broody twice in 2 months and she is currently setting now! By the way, we won't believe you until you post pictures!
lol.png

I didn't expect them to be very broody, but I have had one of my hens go broody twice in 2 months and she is currently setting now! By the way, we won't believe you until you post pictures!
lol.png

Sure.
tongue.png

One of them has a foamy eye (it seems to have been developed overnight :/ ), so I hope it isn't anything chronic...

Is there anyone here local in Portland oregon area that has some of these?

Back
Top Bottom