Plz Help! Eggs in the incubator on May 1st is today day 21?

kaceek

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 25, 2009
Guys Mills
I put my eggs in the incubator early on May 1st. Today is May 21st... am I on day 20 or 21? I have a few eggs that have piped and I heard peeping from one egg. I have a Genesis 1588 and it has the auto temp @ 99.5 and the humidity I've kept b/t 50 and 60%... am I doing everything right??

Thanks in advance,
Kacee

You sound like you're doing everything right! You should have some chicks out really soon. Mine were incubated at a temp too low and took till Day 23-24, so you seem to be spot on!

Mine are on day 21 and I have 4 baby chicks drying out in the incubator!! I have 12 eggs left, most have already pipped. They started pipping last night. I have not opened the bator-DESPITE WANTING TO BADLY!! I bet you have a great hatch!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Today is day 21 for me too... 6 in the bator 1 under a broody silkie... (which is in the house watching tv right now...). Her 1 little egg pipped a little while ago and we can hear peeping. I'm so excited I can't stand it.
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Good Luck on your hatch!!! Don't be surprised if you hear some peeping or see a little start of a pip. Don't forget to let us know how you do.

Congrats to everyelse on the new peeps!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Is today my day 21 or day 20? on the 18th I put them on lockdown... but down I think it may have been a day early?

@ Elite & Wynette. Do you use anything like the Genesis 1588? I can move the humidity up... no problem. Is it better to have too much humidity or not enough. If I leave it b/t the 50-60 range what bad will happen? What will happen if I get to much humidity. I've been putting water and and getting it up to like 70 and then letting it drop down to the 50's and then filling it up again. Since I've taken the plug out the humidity drops A LOT quicker.

Thanks my BYC peeps
smile.png

I've always calculated that if you started the bator on say, Saturday (like you did), then the hatch is due in three more Saturdays, which for you would be May 22nd.

During hatching I try to get it as high as it'll go, which for me is 70-78%. I've found that when it gets below 65-70%, you start having "shrink-wrapped" chicks (the membrane gets dry, tough and leathery, making it nearly impossible for them to hatch).

As far as the plugs... the directions say to remove the plugs on day 18 (for oxygen). What works best for me is to leave the plugs in until about ten have hatched. Then I remove one plug. I never remove both plugs. Otherwise the humidity plumets. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom