Point of lays, not so point?

When you put the nesting boxes up, put them lower than the roosting bar/stick. They like to sleep on the highest level. If they sleep in the nests they tend to poop in them, making keeping them clean more work.

Thanks guys for the advice :)
bow.gif

I just checked on them tonight and the same the thing except a different box... Mhm prob just a safe issue i guess, no eggs. :(

Forgot all about your original question. When you bought them as point of lay pullets they had probably been raised with out much human interaction. Resulting in half wild chickens. To tame them most people feed treats to them. Getting them to accept humans as a safe source of food. Work to tame them from there.

Forgot all about your original question. When you bought them as point of lay pullets they had probably been raised with out much human interaction. Resulting in half wild chickens. To tame them most people feed treats to them. Getting them to accept humans as a safe source of food. Work to tame them from there.

Seems reasonable :eek: I feed them every morning, so they know me well.
Laying mixture and all the left overs of the day ^^ (Bread, lettuce, act)

a roost is a post or bar that they climb up on, lock their feet around it and sleep there at night. It goes back to their ancient origin as tree birds, sleeping on high branches where they were safe.

off topic, but I almost peed myself looking at the girl in the far left jumping infront of the camera
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom