Polish--16 weeks. Are those saddle feathers I see??

kellykate

Songster
14 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Yarmouth, Maine
hmmm Ok, these feathers aren't pointy but they are taking on a "saddle" like appearance? Not much on the comb/wattle scene yet --so I'm hoping she just has some long feathers? Maybe?

23763_dscn3004.jpg

23763_dscn3005.jpg

That looks like a cute little pullet to me. My Polish Cockeral has a funky spiky fro, and his feathers, are MUCH more narrow and pointed than your bird. I see no stance of a roo, no coloring in the comb and wattles, and no growth. My lil roo is red as red can be in his comb and wattles. Now they aren't huge by anymeans, but they are there. And he is the same age as yours. The way your bird carries itself screams pullet to me, in comparison to my lil roo.

If I can catch "Lil Roo" standing still, I will post a picture for comparison.

Here are some pictures of "Lil Roo" from a few weeks ago.

100_1901.jpg

100_1900.jpg

100_1902.jpg

ETA: I will try to get some recent pics that show his face. He has matured a lot in the past month.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ahhhh --thanks for the pictures that helps a lot! I can see the funky spiky fro!! He is so pretty --is it a buff laced? Where is he from?

Quote:
Ahhhh --thanks for the pictures that helps a lot! I can see the funky spiky fro!! He is so pretty --is it a buff laced? Where is he from?

I picked him up for $1 at the local Cenex. The person who ordered him and 3 others never showed. So I bought them all on clearance. Here is some pictures from today. I believe he is a Buff Laced, but am no expert.

203.jpg

201.jpg

200.jpg

204.jpg

Its hard to get decent pictures of him. He never stops chattering to his girls, and NEVER stops moving. lol

Back
Top Bottom