Polish Question

horseyjess

Songster
14 Years
Sep 2, 2009
SW Florida
Ok I have two Polish boys about 6 mos old. I hatched them out. I am in love with the personality of the blue but the Black is soooooooooooo pretty. Problem is they both dont have mr evil eyebrows
hmm.png
. They dont have any? Is this something that will grow in or what? The last polish roo we had we aquired him after he was well over a year old and he had his mr eveil eyebrows. These guys have NOTHING :\\. Here is a side pic of him none of his face right now. He was kinda mad that we had him and was spitting WHAT THE HECK lol I have never had a chicken do that before!!

40479_whitecrested_black_boy.jpg

Last edited:
What are "Mr Evil Eyebrows" ??

Are you referring to the crest, or to the comb, or the fluff in the crest found on bearded Polish? Or something else?

He wasn't spitting, you were pressing on his crop or esophagus too much which forced him to expel whatever water he recently drank.

Quote:
I am refering to the comb I took this picture from online. Both my guys have nothing as far as the V goes not the slightest wondering if that is something that takes a while to grow. They are right around 6-6.5 mos old

40479_normal_polish_roo.jpg

Quote:
My daughter was holding him his head was erect and she didnt have her hand even there at the time she was holding him right under his breast and it flew.. It wasnt pretty he got it right in her mouth!

Quote:
I am refering to the comb I took this picture from online. Both my guys have nothing as far as the V goes not the slightest wondering if that is something that takes a while to grow. They are right around 6-6.5 mos old

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/40479_normal_polish_roo.jpg

that male has large combs show qaulty have very very smal v comb

Well my males have NOTHING.. Just bumps no V???? That pic I took from a website online to show what I was talking about lol!!

Back
Top Bottom