POLISH THREAD Talk about your Polish and post pics of your Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
One of the members has posted some good sexing info on her website located here
http://www.swpoultry.com/CindySite/Welcome.html

However, I got mine at 1 and 2 weeks and was unable to use her method. I have read in numerous posts that roos typically have the mohawk "doo" going on and the females have more of the "boufont". Is this just a wives tale....or is there some reasoning to this? Hopefully it isnt scientifically correct because three of mine have very distinct mohawks and only one has a boufont.
fl.gif

Mine are hatchery stock (from Ideal)..and we are interested in them as pets, not show stock. However...3 roos would clearly be too much for our set up. I have told myself all along though, that if one of the Polish is a roo...I will keep it-but wasnt counting on 3 of the 4.

Thank you SO much for this link! It was a great help! Now I feel like I have at least a little something to grab at to up our odds of getting a female! After reading this thread, I am as excited about adding a GL Polish to our "flock" as our daughter is! Thanks!

Hi guys:

I wonder who can help me? I am looking for any breeder of the area east of U.S., having hatching eggs toulbont polish, frizzle standard polish (any color) for sale. Best be bearded. The dilemma is that I'm from Puerto Rico and some consider PR as part of the U.S. and others not. For those who can help me
fl.gif
my zip code is 00667, Lajas PR.
Thanks, Arkklon.

Quote:
Melinda, how old are they and is it just the pic, or are they getting red in the comb area already?

27992_dscf3051.jpg

here's a better pic... i think it was the early morning sun light coming through... it hasn't changed the roo situation tho....lol

melinda

Are any of you Polish nuts out there raising any Black Crested varietties?? I'm looking for some new blood and can't seem to find any Black Crested Whites!

nice............my hen was found dead today. We are taking him back too and getting all of our money back. Good thing I keep my birds away from the new birds. I am soooooo upset. She said she is not home today and we can't come until tomorrow at 3. I am NOT HAPPY.
My kids are so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom