Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment I'd say BeeGee is your only cockerel. It's still early so others could start showing the red to the wattles later.
Thank you - that's two votes plus my suspicions about Bee Gee being a male. I think that's enough to say that he's a cockerel for sure. LOL .... Will keep an eye out and add an update on the others in a couple weeks.

Marley is a boy
I would love to know what you see that I don't see. :) Is it the difference in feather coloring on Ozzie's and Marley's backs? Or something else? Thanks.

Here are better pictures of their faces

I was more worried about the white one

They still both look like pullets to me. :)

Second/black&white looks like a female to me.
Least her bonnet in last picture.

Other posts,i was referring to the beak tips. Seems like certain types grow a lot longer&faster then some of the others.. Least ours did.
I had to gently file one down because was afraid it would starve to death&made drinking hard.(my theory for why certain breeds take to water nipples faster then others)
Hubby makes these cool wooden feeder boxes,now to it helps keep beaks from having to be filed so often. I think I posted pictures of them before..

He does small $10, large $15.
We don't stain or paint because they'd wind up injesting the paint. They are very sturdy&can ship them.

Has anyone had to give a haircut? My gold laced polish was running into the fence, she could not see the food I was hand feeding her and she was getting beat up because she could not see who she was bumping in to.

I felt so bad for her and did not want to wait until she got hurt. So out came the scissors. She was calm and accommodating and let me cut as much as I wanted to. I mainly just trimmed the sides so I could see her beautiful eyes and she could see where she was going. No harm done. Still beautiful and is no longer bumping into the wrong hen.

Has anyone had to give a haircut?  My gold laced polish was running into the fence, she could not see the food I was hand feeding her and she was getting beat up because she could not see who she was bumping in to. 

I felt so bad for her and did not want to wait until she got hurt.  So out came the scissors.  She was calm and accommodating and let me cut as much as I wanted to.  I mainly just trimmed the sides so I could see her beautiful eyes and she could see where she was going.  No harm done.  Still beautiful and is no longer bumping into the wrong hen.

Yep, I trim certain ones :D

It's a two person job. One holding the said bird and the other trimming. I once had a go on my own but it was a disaster!!

Has anyone had to give a haircut?  My gold laced polish was running into the fence, she could not see the food I was hand feeding her and she was getting beat up because she could not see who she was bumping in to. 

I felt so bad for her and did not want to wait until she got hurt.  So out came the scissors.  She was calm and accommodating and let me cut as much as I wanted to.  I mainly just trimmed the sides so I could see her beautiful eyes and she could see where she was going.  No harm done.  Still beautiful and is no longer bumping into the wrong hen.

Yep, I trim certain ones :D

It's a two person job. One holding the said bird and the other trimming. I once had a go on my own but it was a disaster!!

Ugh we need to trim our polish bangs but I worry about trimming them. Going to have to do it soon though. No getting around it.. :(

I trim mine also, it definitely helps

Geez I need some Bantam hens. We have 2 roosters and one hen right now. I got hatching eggs and it's looking like only one took and it's probably a rooster with my luck... why are polish bantam hens so hard to get... :(

Back
Top Bottom