Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Quiet in here.

Today I took loud mouth Zulu the polish roo out to meet the laying flock, seeing as how he thinks he's all studly. He was quite meek around the ladies, (ok, he ran and hid under my long coat) but did gain a bit of confidence when I herded all but 3 back into the coop. He's back in his own coop now, we'll put him back with the girls again tomorrow. Funny, I haven't heard a peep out of him.

Feel free to PM me with your egg prices. We're just looking to replace my daughter's pet, (the Sultan in my avatar
sad.png
) so we really don't need many eggs. (Not to mention the fact that we don't have a budget for them.) I could trade black copper marans eggs though...or I also have wheaten Ameraucana eggs but they aren't show quality, shanks aren't slate but more of a willow color.

Just read your post re Wheaten Ameraucana. Read somewhere that Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, and Buff Ameraucanas have the lightest shanks. My 2 Blue Wheatens were purchased from a show breeder and one had very pale shanks and one had more slate. Unfortunately the one with more slate died 2-and-a-half weeks after we received her. The surviving B/W is hardy but still has very pale shanks but she lays pretty pale blue eggs. Maybe the egg color darkness can be related to the darkness of the shanks? Just wondering or maybe it's just the lighter feather colors of Wheaten, B/W, and Buff that lay paler blue?

My friend has 3 Ameraucanas that were crosses of several Ameraucana varieties and their shanks are very slate - especially the males - but of course they wouldn't qualify SOP - but they have the deepest colors of eggs in blues and blue-greenish. Guess at this point they could be called Easter Eggers even though all the parents were crossed Ameraucana varieties. My pure APA B/W Ameraucana eggs are really pale compared to my friend's crossed Ameraucanas eggs.

Beautiful birds all! Does anyone have any tolbunt eggs or chicks available or coming available here very soon? My kiddos got an incubator they've been dying to use and we are looking to expand our flock . Thanks! !

Hello, I have a question regarding the white crested polish. About what age can I tell if it is a boy or a girl? I bought some straight run chicks earlier and apparently have 1 polish, so just wondering.

Hello, I have a question regarding the white crested polish. About what age can I tell if it is a boy or a girl? I bought some straight run chicks earlier and apparently have 1 polish, so just wondering.

You should be getting close to the age where you can tell. Watch for wattles and pointy saddle feathers.

Back
Top Bottom