Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a pullet to me. Her crest is much to soft to be a cockerel.
1f601.png

Anyone want vote on this one? I've said roo since the day it hatched. .but would love some more guesses..

BTW..this is CrzyChknLady81. .lost my login info so had to finally break down and start a new acct..I was having BYC withdraws

Last edited:

Anyone want vote on this one? I've said roo since the day it hatched. .but would love some more guesses..

BTW..this is CrzyChknLady81. .lost my login info so had to finally break down and start a new acct..I was having BYC withdraws
Hair alone, I'd say roo, but lack of wattles keeps me from committing...

It's about 5 weeks...

I was curious about the lack of red in the face/lack of wattles too, and I know it's really too young yet but was curious. I know my last Polish roo was glaringly obvious compared to the 2 hens the same age but I don't have another this one's age to compare to. I will try to get a decent full body shot, I've not really paid much attention to his tail.

Hair alone, I'd say roo, but lack of wattles keeps me from committing...
x2, hair says roo but should have at least a little red if it is a roo...I dunno. I had a chick I was SURE was a roo. Red wattles, spiky hair, the whole nine yards...even crowing. At ten moths old, he layed an egg. Chickens keep us guessing!

Picture time!!!!!
Monsieur Poofy Brow, my first rooster ever. He's three :)

Corny (Left) and Calder (Right) with a tiny bit of Monsoon (Back) Corny and Calder hatched from a double yolk egg, and Calder died at around two years old (Now Corny's three) and Corny mourned for WEEKS. Monsoon is their half brother :)

This is Harry, who was supposed to be the only roo (Now there's fifteen, lol!) but ended up being a hen. She's the one who crowed until we got a roo.

Here's Henry. I unfortunately lost him to worms when he was about a year and a half. He is Sandy's daddy (See below) and the start to a very promising line of future 'flock sire' lol :-D

This is Geoge...the only mean rosoter in the place. He's for sale, if anybody's interested ;-) Would make a good protector for free range hens :)

And...here's Monsoon WITH his head, lol!

Sandy!!! My fave roo ever!

and Madam Poofy Brow, Monsieur hen, and the only hen he will breed...Mr. Picky, lol!

Back
Top Bottom