Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have somewhere around a dozen st run polish chicks that are about 3 weeks old (White cap black and 3 silver laced) and one Silver Laced pullet who is almost 8 weeks old...they are really nervous little critters, the spook easily...is this normal?  I handle them every day, but they just don't seem to want to have anything to do with me or anybody else...

I have a polish chick that's almost 5 weeks and she's (I'm hoping she) is nuts! I've got a welsummer with her and she's so calm and loving doesn't freak out when I hold her. The polish runs around like a crazy person when I even walk in the room

Oh no.... I'm so sorry to hear that! I heard peccary's are just nasty critters....

Yeah luckily she had gained a bunch of old lady weight before she got attacked so the javelina didn't damage too much muscle tissue.

she is now 12 and stiill running strog thank goodness.

among other things, gila monsters, rattle snakes, fleas, bobcats, and falling otu a my dads truck a million times she is still alive.

So unfortunately My broody Polish had broken just days before her eggs were ready to hatch and i only managed to save two out of nine of her eggs. So i gave them to my broody Jersey Giant who's sitting on 15 eggs already. Shes on day 12 with her original eggs. Hopefully all will go well and i'll have two Polish chicks hatched by this Monday
fl.gif
!

Last edited:
Here are the two Polish chicks that had just hatched! there only 48 minutes old

Two little chickies chirping away! at first i thought they were a Polish/Jersey Giant mix but now that i see this one it looks almost as if she has a muff, so Polish/Easter egger? all well im still so happy they hatched!

Last edited:

Two little chickies chirping away! at first i thought they were a Polish/Jersey Giant mix but now that i see this one it looks almost as if she has a muff, so Polish/Easter egger? all well im still so happy they hatched!
If you still have the egg shells and know which chick came out of which shell you can send the shells in and get DNA sexing for ten bucks!

Random I know but since polish are hard to sex and they just hatched thought it might be a cool idea I've been reading up on it recently

Really? that sounds really cool i've never heard of it, but unfortunately that will have to wait, one of the two chicks is very small and not nearly as active as the other one, though it took him/her longer to hatch so im guessing the its really tired hopefully

Really? that sounds really cool i've never heard of it, but unfortunately that will have to wait, one of the two chicks is very small and not nearly as active as the other one, though it took him/her longer to hatch so im guessing the its really tired hopefully 

Awh.. I hope that the little one is okay!! Here's the link incase you wanted to read up on it!!
http://www.avianbiotech.com/Eggshell.htm

Back
Top Bottom