Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure dont.It looks similar to my splash marans but doesn't have feathered legs.When I had trouble identifying some TSC chicks I called them and asked for the name of the hatchery that supplied them. Then I went to the hatchery site to see what kind of chickens that they sold. You might could figure it out that way.

IMG_2462.JPG Hey guys do think this is a pullet or roo. It's developing wattles and a couple red nubs above its beak at about 2 months old, but the crest is pretty round.
IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG

Here's a couple full body shots from the other day I'm sad because we love petunia but it looks like petunia will be finding a new home.. and a new name.

I can't see if he has any saddle feathers coming in but with that much red comb I would definitely vote too. He sure is a cutie though.

Maybe you can get a few more opinions. Head shot looks like cockerel, body shot like pullet. I'm second guessing now.

lol that's what's kind of confusing me too. This is my first polish but I've not really see and red wattles or comb on any of the other polish hens I've researched. The way it stands and acts and the body feathering though don't see roo like to me.. I should just pluck a few feather and send them in to be sexed and find out for sure!!

Hoping I might find an answer on this thread...

I'm completely new to chicken keeping and purchased a mixing of breeds assortment of straight run chicks. Wyandottes, Silkies, Sicilian Buttercup, bantam Wyandottes, EE, and this lovely Polish!

Can anyone hazard a guess to gender? I could have sworn either way at this point. :confused:
Also, what "color type" is s/he? I was told a Candy Corn... but I cannot find pictures of a blue/grey candy corn. I truly don't care either way because I think s/he is lovely; just curious!

5 weeks old; quite bossy almost bully. My (likely) Roo wyandotte breaks up his/her over-attentiveness if s/he is being too belligerent.

IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0487.JPG

Thank you for any help!

lol that's what's kind of confusing me too. This is my first polish but I've not really see and red wattles or comb on any of the other polish hens I've researched. The way it stands and acts and the body feathering though don't see roo like to me.. I should just pluck a few feather and send them in to be sexed and find out for sure!!
I wouldn't give up hope yet! My polish looked to be a rooster, but then ended up being a pullet!

Back
Top Bottom