Polish wont stop plucking eachother

Cherrybeeboo

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2022
I need urgent help, my polish pluck eacothers head crests out and now my boy is completely bald in the front, i asked elsehere and i got the replies that they are just bored, i moved them to dirt so they can dig and forage for bugs and they have perches but that did nothing and they still pluck until bald and bleeding, im looking for a spray to stop it but im in uk and broke, the only one i can find is the jonsons pecking spray but from reviews it sounds rubbish. At this point i wish i never got polish and its ruined the entire breed for me. I look at them and just wish they were gone.

Plucking can also be a sign of protein deficiency. Toss them a handful of dry cat kibble, open a can of mackerel, give them some meat scraps, mealworms, change their feed to a game bird starter...

Plucking can also be a sign of protein deficiency. Toss them a handful of dry cat kibble, open a can of mackerel, give them some meat scraps, mealworms, change their feed to a game bird starter...
Will any kind of cat kibble work?
Would canned tunafish work?
What kind of meat scraps?

Most dry cat kibble is close to 30% protein. Don't go buy a bag special just offer some if you already have it. Tuna has great protein at around 23%. Meat scraps would be anything left on the plate that you would give the dog. Even cleaning up chicken bones will have a decent amount of meat on them.

Back
Top Bottom