Poly vi Sol plus Iron??

Kait Kat

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2023
I have a my first hatched duckling now 3 days old who started having trouble walking and standing starting yesterday. I've read the Poly Vi Sol will help but I can only find the +iron formula in stores. Otherwise I'm looking at about 4-7 days for shipping. Will she be fine until I can get this delivered or am I okay to dose her with the +iron formula? I know it's easy to OD with iron but I also don't want to wait too long to start treatment

I have no images of her issue but have one of her anyways ❤️🦆

Attachments

• PXL_20230913_005252062.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230913_005252062.PORTRAIT.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 48
I have a my first hatched duckling now 3 days old who started having trouble walking and standing starting yesterday. I've read the Poly Vi Sol will help but I can only find the +iron formula in stores. Otherwise I'm looking at about 4-7 days for shipping. Will she be fine until I can get this delivered or am I okay to dose her with the +iron formula? I know it's easy to OD with iron but I also don't want to wait too long to start treatment

I know many could answer this but think @Jenbirdee might be on right now.

The iron is bad. I'm honestly not 100% sure how bad but I know we are NOTsupposed to use the kind with iron.
the reason for the b vitamins is the niacin, and there are other products with niacin you may use such as niacin capsules that are NOT flush free and NOT timed-release., NOT extended release. You can open a capsule and mix it in her water.
My favorite way to give niacin is the Liquid B complex by Durvet, sold at feed stores such as Tractor supply, and online (amazon has it)
Heres the article about niacin deficiency and niacin Please read it

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

can you get pictures that show her legs and feet? if you hold her and let her legs hang down, are they the same length?

Back
Top Bottom