POND WATER KEEPS DISAPPEARING!!!

Emlpz_

Chirping
May 11, 2021
Ok so for two days straight my duck’s pool/pond water keeps disappearing. When I put them up at night I make sure to refill their pools with fresh water, and then I let them out in the morning for them to enjoy a swim without waiting. I thought my mind was just messing with me or that I was being forgetful but the pool was completely empty once again. I made sure to wait until both pools were filled so I KNEW I filled them up but they’re empty… AGAIN. I was thinking a bear would have damaged the wire fence getting inside, so maybe a family of deer jumping three feet to drink water and play? Or could it be hawks which always watch the ducks swimming during the day and decide to bathe at night when the pools are filled? If this has happened to anyone or maybe have advice please let me know!!

Those kiddie pools are prone to springing leaks from duck toe nails, rocks, sticks, or from the bending that happens with emptying.

Maybe it's time to look at stock tanks as an option. Ones listed for sheep aren't so deep a duck cannot get on and out.

Those kiddie pools are prone to springing leaks from duck toe nails, rocks, sticks, or from the bending that happens with emptying.

Maybe it's time to look at stock tanks as an option. Ones listed for sheep aren't so deep a duck cannot get on and out.
I have a large pond liner just haven’t had time to install it. I don’t think the pools would have holes in them because the water hasn’t emptied out during the day when the ducks are out

I have a large pond liner just haven’t had time to install it. I don’t think the pools would have holes in them because the water hasn’t emptied out during the day when the ducks are out

Well that is surely odd then.

You may have a LOT of night time visitors enjoying the fresh clean water in the pools.

My son's duck's kiddie pool drained overnight if I filled it at night. It didn't drain overnight if it was left with water in in fromt he ducks swimming there during the day. So I assumed the hole was tiny and quickly blocked with mud and duck poop. We replaced it with a repurposed Little Tikes turtle sand pit. That works really well as a duck pool and it can be covered overnight to keep out raccoons

Yeah I agree. Probably a leak. I have never had an issue with either of my stock tanks!

Back
Top Bottom