Poop boards on this coop?

RESQME49

Songster
6 Years
Jan 21, 2018
Olympia Washington
I have since doubled this, but layout is the same. Coop is 4x8, raised. I have a cleanout door on both sides. roughly 4" of pine shavings throughout. I want to try a poop board under the roosts on both sides to preserve the bottom shavings. I dont know if I should place them on the ground under them or place them just underneath them? I have not seen anything like mine with poop boards.

Attachments

• IMG_2961.JPG
    IMG_2961.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 44
I have a 4' x 5' raised coop (really just a place to roost) and just cover the entire floor except one place by the door with PDZ. I have a piece of OSB in front of the door as I don't need PDZ there. The OSB board lifts out for maintenance and is used to keep the PDZ (not shown in this photo) from coming out when I open the doors.

coop17.jpg

JT

I don't think you have enough room for elevated poop boards under those rooster. How will the chickens get up to the roost? It seems like their access would be blocked by elevated poop boards.

I have a 4' x 5' raised coop (really just a place to roost) and just cover the entire floor except one place by the door with PDZ. I have a piece of OSB in front of the door as I don't need PDZ there. The OSB board lifts out for maintenance and is used to keep the PDZ (not shown in this photo) from coming out when I open the doors.

View attachment 1336828

JT
Is the osb just wedged in there or do you have something to hold it in place?

Is the osb just wedged in there or do you have something to hold it in place?

There are some 1x2's screwed to the walls on the inside to form a pocket so I can slide the OSB panels out so I can crawl inside for maintenance. You can see one of the 1x2's in this photo. The reason for the crown molding on top of the OSB is when the chicks were small they would fly up and roost on top of the OSB and one fell down behind it and was trapped for a while.

coop18.jpg

JT

Back
Top Bottom