Poop Help!

Jfun

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2022
I might just be anxious, as usual, but my ducks poop looks a weird color this morning so just wanted to check with the experts if it should be something to worry about.

He’s acting fine but the only things that have changed in his diet is he got some blueberries as a treat last night and he decided a piece of a Hershey wrapper was tasty.

He unfortunately got the wrapper piece down before I could grab it out of his mouth but I’m hoping it’s small enough it will just pass through.

Attachments

• 55A6B36B-51BA-4B7F-87CE-B0502C61130A.jpeg
    55A6B36B-51BA-4B7F-87CE-B0502C61130A.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 9
Normal blueberry poop!!! Fruit and greens always affectt he color of duck poop.

The small bit of wrapper might still be in his crop. How old is he? Do you give him grit? As long as he has grit available, the small bit of wrapper will not harm him.

Normal blueberry poop!!! Fruit and greens always affectt he color of duck poop.

The small bit of wrapper might still be in his crop. How old is he? Do you give him grit? As long as he has grit available, the small bit of wrapper will not harm him.
He’s somewhere from 4-6 weeks old. I found him abandoned by our local lake so we aren’t totally sure. I don’t have grit but I was planning on going to the store today so I can pick some up!

He’s somewhere from 4-6 weeks old. I found him abandoned by our local lake so we aren’t totally sure. I don’t have grit but I was planning on going to the store today so I can pick some up!
Yes, today: buy chick grit! He needs grit to digest blueberries and other treats.

Back
Top Bottom