Poopie Butt

Oooo ducks and chickens...lol...prepare for quite a mess!!

So how are all of the babies doing today? Anymore problems?
The babies are awesome my son and I have been checking and no poopy butt, in fact they are now 1 week old and super active, our big girl seems to be the group leader at this point she's the bravest checks things out first and jumps across the brooder like she's going to fly!

I'm expecting the mess from animals and hoping to use it for compost, my garden will love it! The ducks might be a long while since I'm having trouble finding a breeder or at least one that will get back to me, I'm trying to find Muscovy ducks locally.

Thanks

I just wanted to say I've been doing what I was told and I have no more poopy butt and the chicks are amazing growing up so fast! 2wks old and already triying to fly I'm working on building them a perch so they learn to sleep there! thanks again

Sooooo happy to hear that!

My girls are 5 weeks and wanting to down right fly out of the brooder....gotta get busy on my coop!

I have 6 eggs I am incubating and candling for the first time tonight, wish me luck!! : D

Good luck! I also got 3 new babies 5 months old 2 partridge silkies n a barred Plymouth rock who thinks she's a silkie

LOL....I love silkies!!
love.gif
I don't have any but I think they are beautiful!

LOL....I love silkies!!
love.gif
I don't have any but I think they are beautiful!
Thanks I always wanted a silky and when our local breeder had some beautiful older babies I had to jump on it. They are getting use to their digs, the plymouth is a bit bolder and has had some fun exploring the coop. Too bad once I'm finished with their other coop they are going in there LOL thier coop now is for the 3 week old babies when they are ready who will be a little bigger than our plymouth.

Sooooo happy to hear that!

My girls are 5 weeks and wanting to down right fly out of the brooder....gotta get busy on my coop!

I have 6 eggs I am incubating and candling for the first time tonight, wish me luck!! : D
Due to a very rainy spring our 'chicks' where out all day and back in the brooder at night until they were 15 weeks old. They started laying less then a week after we got time into the coop at night...Makes a good case for building the coop before you get the chicks.

I just wanted to say I've been doing what I was told and I have no more poopy butt and the chicks are amazing growing up so fast! 2wks old and already triying to fly I'm working on building them a perch so they learn to sleep there! thanks again
Chicks like to sleep piled up together on the ground for a few months but you should put few long twings into they box for them to hop around and perch on.

Since I started this post my chicks have grown very quickly. Some friends say they want to come over and see the 'chicks'. I tell them 'too late' they are no longer in the peep stage. We have not had any issues with poopie butts and they get fed a well rounded diet. They are thriving and trying to fly. I had to change their brooder to a larger one. Now they run around, flapping their wings has hard as they can. I don't dare show them the movie 'Chicken Run' because I do not want them to get any ideas.
This is the new brooder.
And the girls. At first they were a bit nervous, now they love the 'Open Range'!

Back
Top Bottom