Poor Hens!!!!

silkieluver_07

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
barnie.gif
I am so mad! I was coming home from soccer practice when the car passed the henhouse right by our house. There were Mexican workers were getting rid of the "laid out hens"

I started to cry.
hit.gif
The workers had the hens strapped upside down onto a cart and were pushing them to the truck. There they stuffed approximatly 15 hens into a small crate.

Two hens escaped and a worker ran to get them. He caught them and threw them into the air and they plopped into the truck.

And the stupid workers had the nerve to wave!!!!!!!!!!!!
somad.gif

I tried getting some pictures, but none of them doing the filthy deed. I just wanted to grab them all and save them. But I couldnt, and I feel horrible because of it.
henhouse.jpg

IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii276/silkieluver_07/henhouse.jpg[/IMG]

egg.jpg

Thanks for listening,
Hannah

Last edited:
It's a helpless feeling. The only way I can deal with it is to do what I'm doing, and all of you do, by raising and caring for my own birds in a sound and humane way.

I can't make a difference directly, such as by saving the birds in bad situations physically, it's not possible. So I remove myself from the loop of being part of the problem, which, in turn, automatically makes me part of the solution.

It's my belief that you can't worry about the numbers. Such as, will a single person not participating change anything? Just ask yourself if you are happy that even one bird isn't in a bad situation because you will not participate. If the answer is yes, then cry when you can't help it, but do your best to inform as many people as you can.

I'm so sorry that you had to witness that. (((Hug!)))

Back
Top Bottom