Porous eggs?

ChikenChik

Chirping
Jun 7, 2016
Kingsley MI
I am trying my hand at incubating. I really want to hatch a couple of my favorite girls eggs...an older(3 and 1/2 years) New Hampshire named Princess Laya. As I am doing research I am getting a lot of different feedback on porous eggs not hatching. But every one of hers have been porous. The rest of the hens eggs are not just hers. Is it because she is older and will this make it impossible to hatch? Has anyone had any luck hatching porous eggs? I have 2 in at 4 days and plan to candle in a few days but I know it is porous because I checked them all in the beginning . I have 2 others put aside but they are porous too.

I am trying my hand at incubating. I really want to hatch a couple of my favorite girls eggs...an older(3 and 1/2 years) New Hampshire named Princess Laya. As I am doing research I am getting a lot of different feedback on porous eggs not hatching. But every one of hers have been porous. The rest of the hens eggs are not just hers. Is it because she is older and will this make it impossible to hatch? Has anyone had any luck hatching porous eggs? I have 2 in at 4 days and plan to candle in a few days but I know it is porous because I checked them all in the beginning . I have 2 others put aside but they are porous too.
I had an group of older hens that were laying porous eggs. I wanted to get some replacements of them. I put some of their eggs in with eggs I bought and hatched out 5 of the ones I put in. I started with 10 of mine. So I did get half of them to hatch.

I had an group of older hens that were laying porous eggs. I wanted to get some replacements of them. I put some of their eggs in with eggs I bought and hatched out 5 of the ones I put in. I started with 10 of mine. So I did get half of them to hatch.
Oh yay! Tha is what I am trying to do with her too. Although I have grown quite attached to her so she will be sticking around until she dies of old age. She is the only one that lets me pick her up and always comes running when I come out.:love So even if these don't work I will keep trying! Thanks!

Oh yay! Tha is what I am trying to do with her too. Although I have grown quite attached to her so she will be sticking around until she dies of old age. She is the only one that lets me pick her up and always comes running when I come out.:love So even if these don't work I will keep trying! Thanks!
I did incubate dry. It ran around 35 %. Then I upped it at lockdown. I could get it to go up to 65 sometimes. We are quite dry here. But out of 43 that I had started with I ended up with 33. I felt that was good for me. best ever in fact. LOL

I'm having a nightmare with this. I'm trying to find a balance between porous eggs, non-porous eggs in the same incubator. They are all losing weight at dramatically different rates. I already lost two eggs and its only week one. I bought these from someone else and I want to give him a piece of my mind regarding his eggs. I just hope they work!

Back
Top Bottom