Possible Angel Wing?

RidiculousName

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2023
Little Egypt
I have an exactly six week old ancona duckling that I think may have angel wing. I got three others at the same time, and fed them the same, and they do not appear to have the same issue. Is this angel wing? Should I try and treat it myself? I have seen the sticky post on angel wing.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if you might get more response if you post under the emergency forum? Maybe you will find someone with experience with angel wing. It doesn't look right. Do they have age appropriate duck food? Just because the rest of the ducks are okay at this point doesn't mean there might not be a deficiency of some sort - some ducks need more.

I wonder if you might get more response if you post under the emergency forum? Maybe you will find someone with experience with angel wing. It doesn't look right. Do they have age appropriate duck food? Just because the rest of the ducks are okay at this point doesn't mean there might not be a deficiency of some sort - some ducks need more.
I feed them Mazuri starter and maintenance at a 1/1 ratio. So, they should be eating about 17% protein feed. They also have an enclosed area around the edges of my pond that they forage on.

I will take your advice and post on the emergency forum.

That should be good starter - that's what I feed as well. Have you researched the causes of angel wing? I hope you can find some help on the emergency forum!

Back
Top Bottom