Possible broken clavicle

EggeAcres

Hatching
Aug 22, 2020
7 days ago my polish hen was injured when my frizzle rooster, then my Wyandotte trying to jump on her back. She just kinda went down and hadn’t been able to walk since. I’ve nursed her continuously for 7 days: I feel like we are finally in a real good place as she has been able to stay in her sling for 8.5 hours and seems so happy about it.
My question is, can chickens heal from a broken clavicle? After feeling around today I’m sure that’s one of her issues. I thought for sure it was just a broken leg but I’m thinking not. though she keeps wanting to cross her legs when standing in her sling.
I figure I’ll give her a few more days and then try and call a local vet and see if they will see her.

Attachments

• 8F1C5B26-2C33-4697-B6A3-86D53C90E6B9.jpeg
    8F1C5B26-2C33-4697-B6A3-86D53C90E6B9.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 61
Does she have any swelling anywhere or any green bruising on her skin? A vet could be of help in determining if something is broken, but she may have suffered a sprain. It is good that she is tolerating the chicken sling which she can be fed and watered from. Let us know how she gets along. Here is a picture of the chicken skeleton:
http://www.poultryhub.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Fowl-skeleton-3.jpg

How is your hen doing? We have a Bantam hen that was injured by our larger rooster. She has been separated, but looking to see if she will be ok? She seems in good spirits, just having trouble getting around. Very wobbly.

Back
Top Bottom