Possible egg yolk peritonitis chicken dying help!

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
I just found one of my chickens laying on our poop board with an intact egg, but she will not walk or stand and there was a egg yolk substance mixed with her poop. The only antibiotic I have on hand are doxycycline and la-200. Will the la-200 do anything to help her?
IMG_20220830_110600108.jpg

She looks too far gone for help.
Yeah, I'm thinking so as well. I have the la-200 and needles so I have her a 0.8 cc dose. I figure if anything, it gave me injection experience where I had none before.
She was perfectly fine yesterday. There are other bird that looked worse. We also have possible MG and Mareks so it could be either of those as well. I have had just crappy chicken luck 😞

Yeah, I'm thinking so as well. I have the la-200 and needles so I have her a 0.8 cc dose. I figure if anything, it gave me injection experience where I had none before.
She was perfectly fine yesterday. There are other bird that looked worse. We also have possible MG and Mareks so it could be either of those as well. I have had just crappy chicken luck 😞
May just be kinder to put her down.

Luckily I don't have any of those Diseases in my flocks. Just the occasional injury, & such are my usual. I'm currently treating a BB Bronze Turkey Jenny for an extreme case of gout.

May just be kinder to put her down.

Luckily I don't have any of those Diseases in my flocks. Just the occasional injury, & such are my usual. I'm currently treating a BB Bronze Turkey Jenny for an extreme case of gout.
I haven't been able to put any birds down on my own other than a chick that had neurological issues. This one is my husband's favorite bird that he picked out as a chick in feb of 2021. Ugh. No one warned me how many diseases effected chickens.
I may look into CO2 tanks so I can just gas them since the likelihood of this continuing like this is high.

I'm sorry 😞 my hubby had to put one of my girls down because of a busted egg. She was a two and a half year old Leghorn so not surprising. I had her alone for two days. Soaked her. Lubed her. Gave her calcium. Did all that I could, she passed the white but I think there was shell in her. I'm sorry about your little lady :hugs

I'm sorry 😞 my hubby had to put one of my girls down because of a busted egg. She was a two and a half year old Leghorn so not surprising. I had her alone for two days. Soaked her. Lubed her. Gave her calcium. Did all that I could, she passed the white but I think there was shell in her. I'm sorry about your little lady :hugs
What's odd is there was an intact egg by her vent on the board where she was laying. But then yolk like substance leaking from her 😞

And she passed already. That is the fastest any of my chickens has ever died. I had a paralyzed one live for 3 weeks before I had the state lab euthanize her and another that had some sort of wry neck that stayed alive for well over a month.

Back
Top Bottom