Possible langshan?

justapirate

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
An acquaintance of mine found this chicken wandering the streets in the city ghetto. I drove the 20 miles to come and rescue her! She is very different looking, both in stature and appearance from my 6 buff orpingtons! To me she looks similar to a langshan, but I am not positive. Here are some pics:

Oooh! Thank you! Looked pics up on google and the black and white coloring is exactly like her's, as are the feet.

Lucky You! Brahmas are on my 'hope-to-have' list.
Congrats to you for putting out the effort to rescue her. I hope she does well for you.
Others might be able to comment on what she may or may not be mixed with. Those laced looking feathers on her back and the yellow legs make me think some silver laced wyandotte in there somewhere. But who can really say?
Once she starts laying, you might get more clues from her egg color.

You know what?
After I posted that I got to thinking, "Isn't there a wyandotte that is marked like that?" Sure enough, the Colombian wyandotte has the dark collar and tail - yellow legs - smallish comb. I don't know about the feathered legs.. maybe a mix of the 2? Brahma & Col. Wyandotte????
Here's a picture from google of a champion show Col W. Notice the smudge dark feathers on her body - like your hen's.

Regardless, she is lovely.

You know what?
After I posted that I got to thinking, "Isn't there a wyandotte that is marked like that?"  Sure enough, the Colombian wyandotte has the dark collar and tail - yellow legs - smallish comb.  I don't know about the feathered legs.. maybe a mix of the 2?  Brahma & Col. Wyandotte????
Here's a picture from google of a champion show Col W.  Notice the smudge dark feathers on her body - like your hen's.

Regardless, she is lovely.

X2
Nice job rescuing her!!

Back
Top Bottom