Possible roosters?!

goldberry22

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2023
Illinois
Sorry i don't have quite enough info on these two, they are supposed to be around the same age, maybe a few weeks apart (at least 14 weeks but I'm not sure, they were given to us by a friend and i have not heard back yet). I also am not sure about breeds since they are all just a big mix. The white one has always been the most curious and friendly, and has grown way faster than the rest and is now starting to mount the older hens and act like more of a bully. The little brown one is very skittish. I am new to chickens so i'm not sure what to look for as far as feathers and such! Thank you, if i need to post more pictures please let me know and i will get on it as soon as possible! The feathers are hard to see on the white one.
20230727_115839.jpg
20230727_115836.jpg
20230726_191839.jpg
20230726_191932.jpg
20230726_191928.jpg

Hi! :)

The white one is a cockerel, and the brown one is a pullet!

You can tell the white one is a cockerel by how big and red his comb and wattles are already at this age, as well as his saddle feathers (on the lower back) are longer and more pointed.
The brown one you can tell by her saddle feathers being shorter and more rounded, as well as having a smaller comb and wattles that are not nearly as bold of red!

Hi! :)

The white one is a cockerel, and the brown one is a pullet!

You can tell the white one is a cockerel by how big and red his comb and wattles are already at this age, as well as his saddle feathers (on the lower back) are longer and more pointed.
The brown one you can tell by her saddle feathers being shorter and more rounded, as well as having a smaller comb and wattles that are not nearly as bold of red!
Thank you SO much! The little brown one is our favorite, so happy we can keep her ❤️ i am sad about the white one, we can't have roosters where we live, but we can swap him our for another hen!

Back
Top Bottom