Possible to build a humidity pump for brinsea octagon econ

I rigged up an IV bag and IV tubing to my styrofoam incubator. I have a hygrometer and digital thermometer also. I have set the IV to drip at about every 15 seconds and that is keeping the humidity at 71%. You can probably get the IV set at your vets office but make sure you drain out the NaCl as it will damage your incubator as it evaporates. Also get a 60 cc syringe and needle to refill the bag with water. There should be two ports at the bottom of the bag. One to spike the IV tubing and the other to insert a needle where they would introduce additional medications into the IV use this port to refill with water. As far as getting the tubing into the bator you will have to figure that out. Good luck!!

maybe a personal sized humidifier and a humidistat ? maybe a humidistat controlling a solenoid that allows water to be sprayed ( @ city water pressure) through a fuel oil nozzle into some type of filter media with a drip pan underneath the filter media, there would probably need to be a timer that limited the spraying to 5-20 seconds

I had a friend build a humistat and used a reptile fogger. This worked fair, but was not without its problems. As humidity levels changed, so did the temperature. It was very hard to regulate both humidity and temperature as the added moisture does mess with the thermostat, or should I say messes with the thermostat sensor. I found this to be true with both the wafer style thermostats as well as the solidstate thermo's. Also, when all parts where added up, I had $120 in parts. I went back to just the pan of water method.

Back
Top Bottom