Possibly a Newly Hatched Chick Problem...?

SilverQuail026

Chirping
Jun 22, 2015
I have a chick that just hatched, but it came a little early. It hadn't yet absorbed all of its yolk and said yolk has already unattached itself from the baby before I could do anything. There's a little bit of blood coming from the baby's belly button (though it's not actively bleeding. Just stagnant blood...) Is there anything I'm supposed to do at this point? It's under a heat lamp now with its older siblings (separated, of course, so the older ones can't peck at it or its bloody button, but they can still hear and see each other) and it seems to be doing fine, but I'm not sure. Will it be alright or should I worry? (This is only my second year of hatching, so I'm still going through that "worry over everything" phase. XD)

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Looks like a false alarm at this point. The baby is fluffing up and its belly button is looking better. A completely healthy chick from what I can tell. :) I'm going to wait for it to be steadier on its feet before letting it loose with its siblings. I might post some pictures of the cute little fluff balls later. ^v^

Back
Top Bottom