Possibly sick duck?

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
Hi, not sure if she is sick or not? I have 3 runners, 2 females, 1 drake. Almost 5 months old.

The one I'm concerned about is Queenie, my mostly white one. She still eats, drinks, moves around with the flock, but she doesn't look as "full" as the other female. She's always been a bit smaller, but even her feathers look a little disheveled.

They eat the Purina duck pellets, grit set out on the side. Oyster shells just recently in the last few weeks are offered, not sure if any are eating them. I give peas or romaine lettuce as treat in the morning. I was giving meal worms, but ran out about a week ago and need to get some more. Otherwise they have food set out all day, I see her eat it and fresh water buckets and a pool that gets refreshed regularly.

Maybe she just isn't getting in the pool as much to clean herself? We've had some "colder" days to them, low 30's Fahrenheit. I know a lot of you have much colder days, but she doesn't seem inclined to get in the water as much lately...

Edit: I thought I had narrowed down dark brown poop that looked off compared to the rest. But just went out to refill their food and watched her poop completely normal green and white. So maybe she is just fine, I don't know.

Attachments

• 20221206_084920.jpg
    20221206_084920.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20221206_084958.jpg
    20221206_084958.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
From the pictures, she appears to be in good condition.
Okay good! Thank you. Still new duck mom, just wanted to make sure she looked okay to others as well. Makes me feel better she looks good to others!

I'm not as concerned now that I saw her pooping normal. I was more concerned when I thought she was having the red/brown poops. But it must of just been what she was eating and it worked through her system.

I appreciate you replying!! :love

Back
Top Bottom