post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

Actually I don't see a curly tail feather on your black baby... perhaps that is a girl. Have either of them started making different noises yet?

Actually I don't see a curly tail feather on your black baby... perhaps that is a girl. Have either of them started making different noises yet?

They both dont have the curly tail feather yet. They both make raspy noises though...
idunno.gif

They both dont have the curly tail feather yet. They both make raspy noises though...
idunno.gif

I think you have 2 boys. Too bad you are so far away, I have the perfect girls for your boys. And I'm not sure what breeds went into yours, but I'm guessing one of the parents at least was a blue swedish. The black one's head looks shaped like a blue swede's head to me. Mine are from a cayuga/buff over khaki crossing.

Last edited:
Here are some updated pictures of the 2 new ducklings. I am beginning to think they are runners but some are saying they may be cayuga or swedish.

Those two little ones are going to turn out brown, without eye stripes. They may be solid brown (chocolate) or a bit patterned on the feathers like a Khaki Campbell. I agree that they do look a bit more upright than a pure Campbell but they don't have particularly Runner-like heads.

Ok, I don't have pics yet but I'm so excited I want to share the news. My hubby just brought home 2 female Crested Pekins I found on CL, YEEE! They are SO cute! As soon as we put them down they wobbled right up to our Swedish, lol. Can't wait to show pics tomorrow!

wee.gif

Those two little ones are going to turn out brown, without eye stripes. They may be solid brown (chocolate) or a bit patterned on the feathers like a Khaki Campbell. I agree that they do look a bit more upright than a pure Campbell but they don't have particularly Runner-like heads.

I am leaning towards runners but they don't walk as upright as other pictures I have seen or as upright as the runner we have now. They do sort of look brown in the sun but they aren't brown they are black. One has a yellow bib and some yellow around the sides of his beak but his feet are all black. The other doesn't. My sister has 2 khaki campbells and I have seen what those look like. These 2 are WAY darker then them. They are definitely black. I am interested to see what they look like in the next few weeks. I have 2 Pekins and a fawn & White runner so we will see who they turn out to look more like. I am sure I will post some pictures again as they grow up a little more and see if anyone has any different guesses then.

Back
Top Bottom