Post Phoenix Pics Please

Thanks Aubrey, that's what I was thinking about that young silver too. I will try to get some pics posted of the porcelain d'anver's, the last 4 I got from you decided they preferred being on the side with my Phoenix after a hen took to mothering them. I figure I'll leave them there till spring since they are happy, but when you see the pics now you will understand why the Phoenix are with them. Lol!!

Thanks

Aubrey, I think I need some help on a couple of the phoenix I hatches out from eggs I got from you this summer. Some were Schubert some were a mix of phoenix eggs you had. There are a couple I'm really not sure..the look like the pics you have of the China Game, but know that can't be possible since they aren't aggressive to other Roos. Think I might have a couple of Ismer and Blue Gold...Any help would be great. Thx

Think this is Schubert with yellow shanks?

I have a couple of these, they look like the pic of China Game? Their combs are different, and shank color is yellow too?

Sorry this pic isn't better, I posted it because his breast is different than everyone else. Looks really cool in the sunlight tho..

Thought this might be an Ismer or ??

are those all the large fowl? Not any of the bantams? Some times it's hard to tell in pics.

the ones built heavy and stocky are from the Schubert line, the thinner and leggier ones are the Ismer lines if that helps.
The funky comb guy is from a pen of both.
His dad is a gold ismer with faint barring in a pen with both ismer and shcubert bb red hens. He looks exactly like his dad just in a bb red

That's his dad. He ( your bb) has pearl legs, not sure where it came from, none in that pen have pearl, unless the barring the dad has contributed to it?

The top bird does look like he came from the schubert pens, again none here have yellow though on the legs, though stranger things have happened.

the gold and goldens in the bottom pics are thinner looking birds and much leggier so pretty sure those are the Ismers, plus Ismers are the only line I have golds in. There's one super nice looking male there too with some outstanding saddles coming in, he's beautiful!

The speckle breasted golden in the middle looks like he came from my blue golden line of bantams though from Cat ( faile). The speckles are just something that duckings get from time to time. I get some in all 3 varieties from time to time.

beautiful home in the back ground by the way.

Thx Aubrey, the thinner legger ones I didn't think we're the Schubert line since they are smaller. I have at least 2 of the bb red Schubert/ismer Roos and they are both beautiful. All of the gold are pretty, a couple look like they have faint barring. I have one pretty blue gold pullet I'll try to get a pic of. I wish I had more girls. How do you feel about mixing them in with regular Phoenix? ESP the ones with the flesh color shanks? It's the back of our house, but we use it as our main entrance. It is a great old house (1867 French 2nd Empire) with a cool history, there is always something to repair, but we feel like we are stewards of keeping a piece of history alive. Thanks for all your help and the birds :)

I swear I'm not trying to monopolize this board, lol. I just got some really good shots today. Aubrey Here's a couple of my pullets one I think is a blue gold the other I think is from the schubert line or some variation there of...

Now I can't help it. I have to show some of the Roo shots from today. They are so beautiful, at least I think they are
big_smile.png

oh, dont ever worry about posting on here, that's what it's here for. It's just this time of year. It's usually a lot more active, just folks are busy with everything.

that's what I liked about the house too by the way.

the first girl is out of my blue golden bantams for sure. She's cockerel feathered and spured just like all 3 of the females I have in that pen.
the 3rd pic of the roos look like the male to her unless he's a big boy ( 4 pounds of better) He looks to be a dark blue himself.

Now that second hen she looks like a shojo to me ( ginger red) but I didnt think I sent you (or anyone for that matter) any of them this year.
I have two girls of those one green leg and one yellow leg and have them bred to a male that's a bb red x ginger cross. The goal was making more ginger reds with that. If you did get some of those, that would explain the yellow legs. That bb red male with yellow legs is more than likely from that breeding too then. That would explain his legs. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how you got a yellow leg male since all I have are blue and just a few green. This would explain it though.

and yep, that 3rd gold male from the bottom does have the ghost barring just like his dad has. Toni sent me 2 gold males like that. The LF male I posted and another darker one colored just like this one. He's a smaller male, but has a massive tail to him. Betting he was the dad of this boy you have.

They are all looking great though, very happy they all turned out so nice for you!

oh, as far as breeding one to another, Lord yes we do it all the time. Toni Marie has bred both German lines and the ohiki into about everything she has. I'm doing the same thing too, plus most of my long tails came from her anyway. It doesnt nothing but strenghten your lines by adding in unrelated blood then. Plus you can add traits you like and remove ones you dont like over time breeding like that.

In other words, have a "perfect" male you love. Use him over hens from another line to help make that line have the stuff " you love" in them too. I like too keep some pure for the line too, but I'm working on blending the German birds into a bunch of my stuff.

My black bantams, I made off the black Schuberts a couple years back. I was shocked at how quick they down sized since they blacks are 7 pounds or so. Made one cross to lavender bantams and had tiny hand sized blacks. It's not supposed to be quite that easy. But it works. Most all of Toni's bantams now have some degree of German lines in them, and they look awesome. So by all means, breed them how you want, especially if you are short on hens. Once you have a good flock established, you can always back breed to the lines. All just depends on what your goals are.

Well while it would be really cool to end up with some Shojo, I feel bad that I have what you were planning on keeping. Esp since I'm such a novice at this and they will most likely be my enjoyed pets. If your every up this way I would be happy to give them back to you. I think I have 2 yellow leg Roos, 2 Roos that look like the 7th from the bottom and 2 or 3 girls. Thanks for all the info and your help. I will be contacting you before too long for some more, ha ha

oh no, no need for all that. You keep them and enjoy them. They are a very rare color in long tails. But I have the stuff here to make more. Very kind for the offer though. And as far as getting you some more stuff. Usually around Feb is when I start letting eggs or chicks go again. What few I end up with this time of year I try to keep back for breeders. But any time from Feb just let me know, will be happy to get you some more

Back
Top Bottom