Post Phoenix Pics Please

Hello everyone! I posted my white pair of phoenix a couple of months ago and they are doing really well. I've been collecting eggs from them since she started laying and I finally have hatched the first fertile of the bunch! To my surprise, it was black! Completely solid black, even the beak had some black in it! So I'm not sure what it is going to grow into. Its parents are both solid white (with some gold feathers that I think are sun-spotted). Looking forward to watching it grow! Will post a pic when I can!

Something else breed your hen..it's impossible to get a black out of 2 solid white birds...The sperm can be live in a hen up to 1 mth. And It only takes 1 time; 1 accidental breeding is all it takes and she can be messed up for almost a full month. You must have another breed of bird there that is black or barred??...Cant wait to see how it turns out....TMA.

Something else breed your hen..it's impossible to get a black out of 2 solid white birds...The sperm can be live in a hen up to 1 mth. And It only takes 1 time; 1 accidental breeding is all it takes and she can be messed up for almost a full month. You must have another breed of bird there that is black or barred??...Cant wait to see how it turns out....TMA.

Yeah, I kept thinking about this one all day. All I came up with is that one would have to be dom. White and one recessive white and one would be black under the white. But that is pretty far fetched, however it could happen as I have dom white and recessive white here. More than likely, I would say Toni has guessed right on this one however. Just doesn't seem possible and isn't possible with two rec. white birds. Unless you are like cy and have splash red (also called rec. white) and true recessive white. Which will cross together if pure strands and produce colored birds. Or so Cy said his did. And that is how we ended up with bbreds.

Back
Top Bottom