Post Phoenix Pics Please

Thank you I wasent sure what he was I got him from a local guy he was out haying when we picked out the ones we wanted. He def thinks he is the boss lol. My broody bantam hen came through today 2 of the 3 eggs have hatched and both are dark.

I got these guys from the cackle hatchery I am Concerned about the color variations?????? Any opinions?? I will post more pics
It looks as though Cackle sent you an assortment of colors. I see reds , silvers , and gold. I hope you have more than the one pullet. They look to be nice and healthy. Enjoy them, the older they get the prettier they will become.

Very nice! I have some home made largefowl crele pullets that are coming along great, much better than I expected. I think I'll mate them to a bantam rooster and try to go that route. The guy I posted was from a random rose combed mystery hen we got at a swap, she looked more like a longtail when she was younger but as she aged, she looked like a crele OEGB x gold sebright mix. This is the only son from her so far. Some of the chicks a friend hatched from her eggs have black faces but normal white skin. We also have a different pen of project crele phoenix bantams that is using the recipe from before.

Ok Wow so I thought I was the only one who had this problem!!! I ordered 15 golden duckwing phoenix from Cackle and also received an assortment. Red, Silver and Golden. When did you order yours? Mine were delayed due to not having hatched enough...I finally received them on April 1st. But wound up with an assortment that I didn't agree to.

I got these guys from the cackle hatchery I am Concerned about the color variations?????? Any opinions?? I will post more pics

So even though my one phoenix that is mostly black on the chest and a SUPER dark red(like a dark rhode island red) in the neck could be golden? I also have some cockerels that are pretty "WHITE". I just can't see them all being GOLDEN. The pullets are all super different as well.

Cackle only does assortments on phoenix don't they? Drop shipped from a breeder?
in the first pic I see a bb red, a gold and a silver.
they are all gold, but like Amanda was saying on the black and white silvers, if they have color in the back, golds, reds, what have you, they are what I call golden duckwings. Then they can range up to the dark backed yellow/gold ones Those just normaly get called Gold duckwings.

I also see a bb red hen in one of the pics. so no, they aren't all goldens for sure. I cant get the pics to enlarge like I normally can to get a closer look, but from what I can tell there looks to be at least 1-2 silver cockerels in there. You'll be able to tell better first hand. If they are all clean black and white, they are silvers. If they have those colors, and a dirty white to the saddles and hackles they are the goldens.

but no they aren't all the same for sure... some of the silver looking ones look to have weak color patterns too to start with, basically too much white in the sides. That may clean up as they continue to molt into adult plumage though

Not sure if that was for me or the other person who ordered from cackle. I specifically ordered 15 golden duckwing phoenix from them. The golden, bbr and silver are sold at different prices, so no....they aren't supposed t be assortments. Either way..i'll go directly to a breeder next time! I thought this was the best option since no one local breeds them.

Back
Top Bottom