Post Phoenix Pics Please

Ok... this little guy, I was thinking was a favXphoenix. I am thinking though that my yoke may be the daddy, why? Peacomb. The white chick is a hatchmate, full fav chick, I am hoping girl... won't know till the foot feathers change or stay the same.

I have a question about showing phoenixs. i have two males and two females but they are realllyyyy flighty and the males tails have gotten dirty at times so they look crappy atm. is there a way to tame them down and tp get the males tail looking pretty again?

I have a question about showing phoenixs. i have two males and two females but they are realllyyyy flighty and the males tails have gotten dirty at times so they look crappy atm. is there a way to tame them down and tp get the males tail looking pretty again?

You could try separating them into individual cages and spending time with each one to calm them down. They should calm down after a few weeks. They will learn to get their interaction with you and bond. Give them treats when you do this. Also a note on cleaning, you can use a mild shampoo to wash them. I usue a bluing shampoo for show horses on my rooster's tails. Then you can blow dry them and put new oil on the tails if they are very long. They actually enjoy the grooming and stroking the tails as well as being blow dried. At first they may be scared, but it doesn't take long and they relax into normal grooming. Like a chicken beauty salon! lol

They seem to calm down after i pick them up but throw a fit while im trying ti grab them
They are just scared or possibly flighty because of breeding influences? I am not sure how much of temperament is genetic, but some of it is. I would try handling them more and eventually maybe they will figure out that you are not going to harm them. The treat is a good idea. they will learn to associate you handling them with a very pleasant treat!

If i can get them calm would u happen to know what the standards for showing them is? like colors,how the crown is supposed to look,etc they are gonna end up being my back up if my silkies dont work out. also whp would tame faster the males or females?

I find Phoenix chickens to be naturally tame. All of mine are super laid back. We actually have one BBR rooster who is like a "purse dog" so to say. He crows for treats at your feet and loves to be picked up. Friendliest breed I own.

If i can get them calm would u happen to know what the standards for showing them is? like colors,how the crown is supposed to look,etc they are gonna end up being my back up if my silkies dont work out. also whp would tame faster the males or females?

hard to say if males or females would tame faster. I don't have this problem with my phoenix. Aubrey (boogybottombantams) would be the one to talk to about show quality. I don't show my birds, they are bred strictly for feather quality.

Back
Top Bottom