Post Phoenix Pics Please

Rambob my girls are extremely broody. I was lucky to get enough eggs to hatch from them, because I gave up and let them sit. Now? I have a hen with a nest, but she isn't sitting, just guarding. Very weird. And they will only lay in a big covered kitty litter box or a medium sized dog crate. They hate any type of nesting box. Guess they passed on their weird, to your birds.

Rambob  my girls are extremely broody. I was lucky to get enough eggs to hatch from them, because I gave up and let them sit. Now? I have a hen with a nest, but she isn't sitting, just guarding. Very weird. And they will only lay in a big covered kitty litter box or a medium sized dog crate. They hate any type of nesting box. Guess they passed on their weird, to your birds. 
sure are weird. The one that's always broody is the one who is scared of everything. Any movement made she freaks out. And I have one that stares at the wall for a while and fly's straight up. She will do this over and over.

Still no eggs from either hen. i put them in with my roosters today and i think they bred. does it indicate anything if the hens are starting to squat if i reach for them?

I dont think they are. ive seen no yolk/shell anywhere and ive left three eggs outside to try and get her to lay in a nest box and those are intact. i think i only got 4 phoenix eggs last year so they should be laying shouldnt they?

They should lay.. And they don't always leave something behind. I had a hen that would lay and eat everything. Not even the ground would be wet from the egg. They peck a hole, eat the insides then the shell. But if the eggs you set are intact then I'm stumped. Could they be too old?

Back
Top Bottom