Post Phoenix Pics Please

I buy super scratch when I'm tight on money. The one I have now is something my feed store has mixed. It's the cleanest scratch I've ever seen. Not sure where you could order it front but I'll ask them.

I also buy fish oil. You can buy liquid or gel.

Can't wait to see some of these projects some of you are working on. I have a AG xSumatra roo that I used over AG x Shamo hens. This year all of the pullets I've covered with Phoenix. Later I'll add more Sumatra in. Wish I had kept some of the roos ,but lack the space.

Last edited:
What can i give my hens as higher protien?
I feed my breeders and my bantams Game Bird Feed, it is 21% protein and is a crumble rather than a pellet. My older birds didn't think much of Purina feed so I feed Rogue brand, it is milled local to me though. Meal worms are high protein but expensive. These are our first longtailed birds so other may have better ideas.

Our triplets turn 10 days today. Growing fast and shoulder feathers coming in.

Does anyone have pictures of juvenile SDW's? Trying to figure out what I have and they have me guessing. Still to young for wing bars and they are mostly slate grey, seeing some black stripping coming in on neck feathers on 1 so far.

Does anyone have pictures of juvenile SDW's? Trying to figure out what I have and they have me guessing. Still to young for wing bars and they are mostly slate grey, seeing some black stripping coming in on neck feathers on 1 so far.

male duckwing colors ALL have black breasts, hens don't, they will be whats called salmon, a off pinkish color
so if they are mid way grown, that will tell you there.
99.9% are all this way. You'll get an odd ball hormonal hen that wants to be male every now and then, but they are the rare exception, not the rule.
any salmon though is always female

on silvers, everything should be turning black or white on males, the hens are the grey ones ( with salmon breast of course)
pullets will also have laced up backs where males will not.
You can see that in the above pics.
also any bright red, gold, or clean white means male too depending on which ones you have. hens will not have any back/wing areas of solid color.

Juvenile in the earlier post was a misstatement on my part. I checked this morning and they are only 3 weeks today. I'm thinking all boys from chest feathering,ay guesses? The eggs were labeled SDW.

Back
Top Bottom